AT A GLANCE
Thrive in a career in business with this high-level qualification. This course is perfect for people who want to elevate their skills at a management or executive level.
- Program Consultant
- Program Coordinator
- Executive Officer
- Administration Manager
- Duration: Up to 12 Months
- Studying in a class environment is a great way to enjoy the benefits of face-to-face education in a way that is far removed from a typical school. You will be learning in an adult environment where you will be respected and nurtured. Attend a class to learn face-to-face with a teacher in one of our learning spaces; such as a classroom, workshop or simulated environments.
- Courses may have a combination of online and classroom based learning. Students are expected to undertake additional personal study to complete the course requirements.
- Contact Australasian College of Technical Education to find out what classes are running near you.
- Duration: Up to 24 Months
- Study at your own pace using our online student portal to access resources and learning materials.
- Access to our student support centre and trainers for assistance.
- Hervey Bay
Upgrade your career with this high-level qualification. You will take control with specialised knowledge, and advanced skills.
According to the Australian Government’s Job Outlook service, demand for office management roles is expected to experience stable growth over the next five years. This is a very large occupation with job opportunities available across a number of industries including construction, professional services, and education and training.
You will develop specialised knowledge which includes communicating with influence, project work, workforce planning management, and risk.
Successful completion of this flexible qualification will provide you with high-level business skills that will enhance your career and expand potential professional and educational pathways.
UNITS & PAYMENT OPTIONS
The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete all 8 Units (0 core and 8 elective units).
There is no mandatory requirement for work placement for this qualification, however we do recommend some industry experience/placement would be an advantage to consolidate learning in a non simulated environment.
DIPLOMA OF BUSINESS
Course Training Plan
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBADM506||Manage business document design and development|
|BSBADM503||Plan and manage conferences|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|BSBMGT401||Show leadership in the workplace|
Available Enrolment Options
UP FRONT PAYMENT
This is the total amount you need to pay when you enrol. This may be the full fee for the course, or the student contribution amount if you are eligible for a subsidy or concession. Any upfront fee that exceeds $1500 a payment plan will apply.
If you have difficulty paying for the full cost of a course upfront or the course fee is greater than $1500, you may be eligible for a payment plan, which will be negotiated upon enrolment.
For further information relating to Australasian College of Technical Education’s fees and charges and refund policies, please visit our Policies and Procedures page.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
As part of the selection criteria for this program it is highly recommended that students:
- have completed a Certificate IV in Business, or another relevant qualification, and/or that you have experience in a range of work environments in the business industry;
- intermediate (Year 12 equivalent) literacy skills as study will involve a range of reading comprehension activities, report writing, and conducting and analysing research. Your written communication needs to be of a professional standard in presentation, structure, grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- basic computer skills that enable you to access resources online, send and receive emails and use a range of MS Office programs; and
- a range of study skills, self-motivation and reasonable independence to direct your study.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable Internet connection to access learning resources, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player.
Skill and knowledge assessments are an essential step in progressing through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you are studying at Australasian College of Technical Education, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples, third-party feedback, and through recognition of prior learning. Read more about assessment methods.
CREDIT TRANSFERS & PATHWAYS
Australasian College of Technical Education as a Registered Training Organisation recognises the Australian Qualifications Framework qualifications and Statement of Attainments issued by any other Australian Registered Training Organisation.
Students are encouraged to submit any requests for credit from previous studies at the time of enrolment, to ensure they are not enrolling in units they may not need to undertake. In order to apply for exemption/credit transfer from units completed at another training organisation, you will need to notify Australasian College of Technical Education when you enrol.
You will need to submit your documentary evidence (certified copy of Qualification/Statement of Attainment) to support your request for exemption/credit transfer via mail or email. Requests without documentary evidence will not be processed and will be returned to students. There are no fees attached to Credit Transfers.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
RPL is the acknowledgement of a person’s skills and knowledge acquired through previous training, work or life experience, which may be used to grant status or competency in a subject regardless of how and where they were attained.
This can include skills from:
- Previous study excluding courses at a VET/TAFE institution, but including courses at school or college, through adult education classes or training programs at work;
- Work experience (including both work that is paid and unpaid); and/or
- Life experience (for example leisure pursuits or voluntary work).
RPL is a form of assessment. It is used to determine whether a person has acquired, through formal or informal learning, the skills and experience consistent with the stated competency standards that comprise a qualification. RPL isnot time referenced, so there are no parameters on how or when the skills are acquired. However, the skills that have been acquired through life experience etc., must be current and must match the elements and performance criteria contained in the individual unit.
Students seeking RPL need to indicate this when enrolling, fee’s will apply and will be discussed upon enrolment.
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Everyone’s journey is different and sometimes you need some extra support. We’re here to help.
Throughout your training you will have access to support from our student support centre and trainers and assessors via phone, email or in person.
You will be supported in your learning in the following ways:
- Answering queries about assignment questions by phone, email or face to face;
- Explaining assessment processes;
- Arranging contact with a trainer, via telephone or visit;
- Monthly status reports keeping you up to date on your progress;
- Making appropriate arrangements for students with disabilities;
- Organising assignments to be assessed in a timely manner; and
- Advising students of their results and any further required study or assessment.
Talk to our friendly Student Support Services team – 1800 029 466 – email@example.com/healthtraining.com.au or contact us online
HOW TO APPLY
If you have read and understood the student rules, refund policy, understand your fees and payment options, have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) and checked you meet the entry requirements and selection criteria for this course, you’re ready to get started.
APPLY NOW or contact a training consultant on 1800 114 419 to get started!
All information was accurate at time of publication, however Australasian College of Technical Education’s policies, tuition fees and course content is subject to change without notice. Course commencement is dependent on sufficient enrolment numbers. Timetable information is subject to change prior to commencement and/or during the duration of your course.