AT A GLANCE
Kick start your career in the community services industry with this entry-level qualification. Gain the practical skills and knowledge needed to provide individual support in an aged care setting.
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Carer
- Direct Care Worker
- Home Help Worker
- Support Worker
- Respite Care Worker
- Duration: Up to 12 Months
- Studying in a class environment is a great way to enjoy the benefits of face-to-face education in a way that is far removed from a typical school. You will be learning in an adult environment where you will be respected and nurtured. Attend a class to learn face-to-face with a teacher in one of our learning spaces; such as a classroom, workshop or simulated environments.
- Courses may have a combination of online and classroom based learning. Students are expected to undertake additional personal study to complete the course requirements.
- Contact Australasian College of Technical Education to find out what classes are running near you.
- Duration: Up to 24 Months
- For this course you must be employed or gaining full time or part time (Min 15 hrs per week) employment to enrol as an apprentice or trainee with Australasian College of Technical Education.
- If you are in years 10, 11 or 12 you may be able to enrol as a school-based trainee (SAT), please discuss with your schools VET Coordinator.
- Eligible apprentices and trainees that meet the Queensland state funding requirements will be charged a set fee per nominal hour. These fees are calculated at a regulated rate of $1.60 per nominal hour. Concession rates apply for students who hold a current Health Care Card or who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Non-funded apprentices and trainees will be charged a fee for service cost as listed below.
- Speak to your employer or VET Coordinator about choosing Australasian College of Technical Education as your Supervising Registered Training Organisation (SRTO) or contact one of our friendly training consultants to discuss your training needs further.
- Hervey Bay
Make a start in your career in aged care with this entry-level qualification. This course will give you the skills you need to provide individualised support and care to people in home, community, or health care settings.
According to the Australian Government’s Job Outlook service, the aged care sector is currently experiencing very strong growth. This very large occupation is expected to create around 179,000 job openings over the next five years.
You will learn how to support independence and wellbeing, gain a range of technical skills, and develop a range of transferable skills from communication to teamwork. This specialised course will give you the skills to facilitate the empowerment of older people, and provide support to those living with dementia. Our highly-experienced teachers provide one-on-one guidance and support every step of the way, to ensure you have the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the field.
Successful completion of this course will qualify you to work in aged care and/or home and community care. It will also give you the foundation to undertake further studies in the community services and health sectors.
UNITS & PAYMENT OPTIONS
The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete all 13 Units (7 core and 6 elective units). You will also be required to undertake 120 hours of vocational placement in an approved setting.
CERTIFICATE III IN INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT
Course Training Plan
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and wellbeing|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCPAL001||Deliver care services using a palliative approach|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
Available Enrolment Options
|Full fee payment of $3,564.00||You can Enrol Online now or Contact us for more enrolment options|
|The Certificate 3 Guarantee program supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III qualification and increase their skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career.It also supports Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing fee-free training in high priority qualifications.||For an overview of what the Certificate 3 Guarantee means, view the Certificate 3 Guarantee student fact sheet (PDF or DOCX)If you have any concerns speak with a representative from Australasian College of Technical Education. Or if you want to quickly check your eligibility visit the Certificate 3 Guarantee websiteThis course may be eligible for this funding. Contact us for more information$40.00 Co-Contribution Fee (Concession)$50.00 Co-Contribution Fee (Non-Concession)|
|The Queensland User Choice program is a publicly funded contribution towards the total cost of training and assessment for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees. The user choice program provides apprentices, trainees and their employers the flexibility to select a preferred registered training organisation from a list of pre-qualified suppliers to meet their specific needs. Australasian College of Technical Education is a pre- qualified supplier and can assist you with your inquiries and training needs.||Note Whilst the funding is provided by the Queensland Government it does not cover the full cost of the training as RTO’s are required to levy a student contribution fee. If you want more detail, contact Australasian College of Technical Education. You can also check if you are eligible for funding for using the following link Check your eligibility.This course may be eligible for this funding. Contact us for more information|
UP FRONT PAYMENT
This is the total amount you need to pay when you enrol. This may be the full fee for the course, or the student contribution amount if you are eligible for a subsidy or concession. Any upfront fee that exceeds $1500 a payment plan will apply.
If you have difficulty paying for the full cost of a course upfront or the course fee is greater than $1500, you may be eligible for a payment plan, which will be negotiated upon enrolment.
For further information relating to Australasian College of Technical Education’s fees and charges and refund policies, please visit our Policies and Procedures page.