AT A GLANCE
Get a start on your career in horticulture with this entry-level course that will qualify you to work as a horticultural assistant, or garden or nursery labourer.
- Horticultural Assistant
- Garden Labourer
- Nursery Labourer
- Study at School
- Duration: Up to 12 Months
- Choosing to study a course while at school is a great way to get a vocational qualification while you’re still in high school. You may also gain valuable credits towards your QCE, an apprenticeship, a diploma or university.
- Australasian College of Technical Education’s at School programs gives you a taste of what higher education is all about, makes you work-ready, and helps you build practical skills in an adult-learning environment.
- Speak to your VET Coordinator today about what VET in Schools (VETiS) programs are running at your school.
- For eligible students that meet the Queensland state funding requirements for VETiS funding this course will be Fee Free.
- Non-funded students will be charged a fee for service cost.
- For more information on the VETIS program please click here
- Duration: Up to 12 Months
- For this course you must be employed or gaining full time or part time (Min 15 hrs per week) employment to enrol as an apprentice or trainee with Australasian College of Technical Education.
- If you are in years 10, 11 or 12 you may be able to enrol as a school-based trainee (SAT), please discuss with your schools VET Coordinator.
- Eligible apprentices and trainees that meet the Queensland state funding requirements will be charged a set fee per nominal hour. These fees are calculated at a regulated rate of $1.60 per nominal hour. Concession rates apply for students who hold a current Health Care Card or who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Non-funded apprentices and trainees will be charged a fee for service cost as listed below.
- Speak to your employer or VET Coordinator about choosing Australasian College of Technical Education as your Supervising Registered Training Organisation (SRTO) or contact one of our friendly training consultants to discuss your training needs further.
- Hervey Bay
Kick start your career in horticulture with this entry-level course. This qualification will give you the foundation knowledge needed work with plants. The industry is experiencing strong growth with up to 50,000 job openings expected in nurseries and gardens across Australia in the next five years.
This course will give you the practical skills and knowledge needed to recognise and identify plants, treat weeds, operate basic machinery and equipment, and propagate plants.
Successful completion of this course will qualify you to work as a horticultural assistant, or a nursery or garden labourer. You will also get the foundation knowledge needed to undertake further study in this field.
UNITS & PAYMENT OPTIONS
The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete all 15 Units (7 core and 6 elective units).
CERTIFICATE II IN HORTICULTURE
Course Training Plan
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|AHCWHS201||Participate in work health and safety processes|
|AHCPMG202||Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders|
|AHCSOL202||Assist with soil or growing media sampling and testing|
|AHCNSY201||Pot up plants|
|AHCNSY203||Undertake propagation activities|
|AHCPGD203||Prune shrubs and small trees|
|AHCWRK208||Provide information on products and services|
|AHCMOM203||Operate basic machinery and equipment|
|AHCPCM202||Collect, prepare and preserve plant specimens|
|AHCWRK205||Participate in workplace communications|
|AHCWRK204||Work effectively in the industry|
|AHCWRK209||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|TLID1001||Shift materials safely using manual handling methods|
Available Enrolment Options
|Full fee payment of $3,104.00||You can Enrol Online now or Contact us for more enrolment options|
|The Queensland User Choice program is a publicly funded contribution towards the total cost of training and assessment for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees. The user choice program provides apprentices, trainees and their employers the flexibility to select a preferred registered training organisation from a list of pre-qualified suppliers to meet their specific needs. Australasian College of Technical Education is a pre- qualified supplier and can assist you with your inquiries and training needs.||Note Whilst the funding is provided by the Queensland Government it does not cover the full cost of the training as RTO’s are required to levy a student contribution fee. If you want more detail, contact Australasian College of Technical Education. You can also check if you are eligible for funding for using the following link Check your eligibility.This course may be eligible for this funding. Contact us for more information|
UP FRONT PAYMENT
This is the total amount you need to pay when you enrol. This may be the full fee for the course, or the student contribution amount if you are eligible for a subsidy or concession. Any upfront fee that exceeds $1500 a payment plan will apply.
If you have difficulty paying for the full cost of a course upfront or the course fee is greater than $1500, you may be eligible for a payment plan, which will be negotiated upon enrolment.
For further information relating to Australasian College of Technical Education’s fees and charges and refund policies, please visit our Policies and Procedures page.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
As part of the selection criteria for this program it is highly recommended that students:
- have basic English skills (written and verbal communication).
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable Internet connection to access learning resources, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player.
Skill and knowledge assessments are an essential step in progressing through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you are studying at Australasian College of Technical Education, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples, third-party feedback, and through recognition of prior learning. Read more about assessment methods.
Australasian College of Technical Education as a Registered Training Organisation recognises the Australian Qualifications Framework qualifications and Statement of Attainments issued by any other Australian Registered Training Organisation.
Students are encouraged to submit any requests for credit from previous studies at the time of enrolment, to ensure they are not enrolling in units they may not need to undertake. In order to apply for exemption/credit transfer from units completed at another training organisation, you will need to notify Australasian College of Technical Education when you enrol.
You will need to submit your documentary evidence (certified copy of Qualification/Statement of Attainment) to support your request for exemption/credit transfer via mail or email. Requests without documentary evidence will not be processed and will be returned to students. There are no fees attached to Credit Transfers.
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Everyone’s journey is different and sometimes you need some extra support. We’re here to help.
Throughout your training you will have access to support from our student support centre and trainers and assessors via phone, email or in person.
You will be supported in your learning in the following ways:
- Answering queries about assignment questions by phone, email or face to face;
- Explaining assessment processes;
- Arranging contact with a trainer, via telephone or visit;
- Monthly status reports keeping you up to date on your progress;
- Making appropriate arrangements for students with disabilities;
- Organising assignments to be assessed in a timely manner; and
- Advising students of their results and any further required study or assessment.
Talk to our friendly Student Support Services team – 1800 029 466 – firstname.lastname@example.org/healthtraining.com.au or contact us online
HOW TO APPLY
If you have read and understood the student rules, refund policy, understand your fees and payment options, have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) and checked you meet the entry requirements and selection criteria for this course, you’re ready to get started.
APPLY NOW or contact a training consultant on 1800 114 419 to get started!
All information was accurate at time of publication, however Australasian College of Technical Education’s policies, tuition fees and course content is subject to change without notice. Course commencement is dependent on sufficient enrolment numbers. Timetable information is subject to change prior to commencement and/or during the duration of your course.